Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2012 so far......

Well, it's 10 days into the new year and so far it's been pretty good. Our family is healthy, we have a warm house to sleep in every night and we have food to eat. I have a husband I love more than he will ever know and two awesome kids who light up my days!

Most importantly we serve a God who is always faithful!!

My mom got me a daily calendar for Christmas and it sits on my kitchen counter. Everyday it has a different quote. Yesterday it read.....

"If you aren't satisfied with little, then you won't be satisfied with much!"

WHOA!!! That really got my attention. God is so good to me and my family. He provides everything we NEED! I want to be satisfied with what He has given me. I want to be satisfied with what He has given my family. So often I find myself thinking "if we just had a bigger house" or "if we just had more money". I'm finally realizing that satisfaction doesn't come from bigger things or more things. Satisfaction can only come from a relationship with God. This year I want to be satisfied in my relationship with Him. I have a VERY LONG WAY TO GO! I just need to take it day by day and let Him lead me each step I take.

Eric preached Sunday at his Dad's church (and did an awesome job!!). He preached on "Forgetting Your Past Failures". I feel like I have been a failure spiritually in the past. I've not read my bible like I should. I've not prayed like I should. I've not been the wife and mother I should. I've made other things priorities and I don't want to keep making those same mistakes.

So 2012, I want to grow in my relationship with the Lord and make Him my top priority!! Will I be perfect? NO Will I fail some days? YES

Most of all, I hope He can continue to show me that life is not about things, it's about Him!

~Julie

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words on my blog. I love that you have an Emily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please don't be "CHAWED" but I feel like a celebrity just posted on my blog. Thanks!!! :)

      Delete