Thursday, January 23, 2014

Permissible But Not Beneficial

"Everything is permissable....but not everything is beneficial"   1 Cor 10:23

That statement holds so much truth, if only I could get that to sink into my brain. I think this is one of the toughest things for me anytime I start to eat healthier. 

I LOVE BROWNIES!!! They are my downfall! THEY ARE NOT GOOD FOR ME...AT ALL!!! They are permissable but NOT beneficial to my overall health. As I started this study the Lord has really been revealing this truth to me. Just 5 days into the study, I've already found myself asking "Is this good for me?" everytime I go to eat something.  There are so many better choices I can make! However, I CRAVE sweets and it's hard!!

Do I crave sweets more than God? I'm sad to say that sometimes I'm guilty of that very thing. As Lysa talked about cravings, she said "Each time I craved something I knew wasn't part of my plan, I used that craving as a prompt to pray". This quote spoke to me because I never think to ask God about my food. I thank Him for it, but don't ask if it's beneficial. I plan to put this into practice. When I have a craving, I will turn to the Lord to fullfill my craving. I have a lot of cravings so I will be praying alot! :)

Growing spiritually is so much more important that any weightloss I will ever have! However, my body is a temple that He has created and I want to honor Him in the choices that I make! 

The picture below is one of my new favorite snacks!!!


~Julie






1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet & honest post! I really was drawn to what you had written here & have added you to my bookmarks to follow through the M2C blog hops! (I have picked a couple of 'random' contributors [in my eyes - but not in God's] ... So ... I will be back!) Thanks for sharing! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete